Skip to main content

#BookReview

The Halfling (The Aria Fae Series Book 1)The Halfling by H.D. Gordon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


◆A complimentary ecopy was provided by the Author, in exchange for an honest review.◆
I really do love reading. A story like this, just solidifies my love for reading. What gets me most is how much I felt while reading and how damn relatable I felt towards the MC, Aria. Yes, I'm thirty ones years young yet, Aria, is only seventeen. However, I know what's it like being young and alone. Not knowing when your next meal will be. Trying to figure a way to rebuild your life, when you thought it was pretty clear cut just a bit ago. It's not fun and it does in fact take a toll and I absolutely love how the Author pinpointed that. She made us look at the big issue here, depression. It's real and for someone to just say, “Oh well, get over it, move on.” isn't always the answer. And while it may be true, that eventually we will get over it and move on….there's a process or system to go through to get over it and move on. I know you need support. Aria found that in new friends, a new, boss, a neighbor (extremely hot & a war-vet. *Meow*), and I'm really not sure about the young, rich and and also gorgeous son of a ‘Doctor’. Aria is gifted, to say the least and does in fact help their family out. Which was super cool!! Something shifty is going on in his family and I just get a vibe that he's no different from his dad, however, it hasn't been proven, but I trust my instincts and Aria had better, also. Aria knows what's she good at. She's half Fae, a trained warrior, with a magical staff (so reminded me of Rafiki, from The Lion King, hehe.), and has an appetite for food!! (LOVE IT) She used that (Maybe not her love for food, lol) to save a city instead of vs. staying home and wallowing in the sadness, madness of what had caused her so much heartache. And I'm not saying that it's not even allowed but I believe before I met Aria, she had plenty of those nights. But before you know it, Aria is smiling. And of course maybe one can start looking towards a brighter day, when one rests their head. But you're going to always have some set back or setbacks. It fate’s way of seeing if you can keep it up. It hits you when flying high, you never even see it until it does hit you. So what do you do? Does Aria let it all go to waste and go back to zero? She's been shunned, discarded, and basically forgotten. Aria shows that being half-human is being just that...human. I loved the witty dialogue and the interaction of her new friends, Sam & Matt. They had a camaraderie that you couldn't help but love. The two suitors in Aria’s life now...Well, I love the neighbor. I don't care if he's older!! He's hot and she gets those tummy feelings. Looking at him makes her feel kind of crazy. Ahh, love. I've already said what I'm going to say about the other one. Aria is a bad ass super heroine, with very human problems, that will keep you turning the pages, or clicking next page (on your ereader). You will love The Halfling so much, you're going to finish it one sitting. I know this is just the beginning for Aria and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this young lady.
P.S. If you want to get in good with Aria, just bring her a brown paper bag lunch, just be sure to have chocolate chip cookies in there. :)



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#CoverReveal: Ed & Livvy by Bryan Tann

🌟🌟 #CoverReveal 🌟🌟Ed and Livvyby Bryan TannComing 10/2017 from Hot Ink Press Synopsis:Ed is stuck in a miserable job and a worse marriage, and wishes the world would just end. Livvy's heart has been shattered too often to count, and her fear of a previous life haunts her. Their worlds combine after one traumatic event. Her mind. His strength. Together they'll fight back.

About the Author:

Known for the Path of Redemption series and the John Baker Chronicles, Bryan also does voice overs and some audiobook narrations. Bryan A. Tann was born in Pittsburgh, PA and has lived in Western PA all of his life except for eight years in New England.
His debut novel "The Enforcer" was first written in 2007 and was originally self published in 2009 before being accepted by CH&BB Publishing in 2016 and published in early 2017.
Bryan lives a quiet life with his two cats while geeking with his friends. He's got a 1st Degree Black Belt in Kenpo and by day he's a security su…

#NewRelease #BookReview #AuthorInterview: WITCH WARS by T.A. Moorman

Witch Wars by T. A. Moorman
Paranormal Print Length: 194 pagesPublisher: After Glows Publishing (September 12, 2017)Publication Date: September 12, 2017Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLCLanguage: EnglishASIN: B075C8LFLZ
Synopsis
Tialanna is fated to become the queen of all Underlayes witches. She thinks the worst part of her life is the fact that she’s betrothed to a complete stranger while in love with someone else. She’s in for a rude awakening when she discovers who, and what, she truly is.
Tialanna is about to learn the truth behind several lies, because not only does her life depend on it, but so does the fate of the family she never even knew she had. But hey, life would probably just be boring if she didn't have to deal with elemental witches, vampires, demons, sorcerers, bindings, spells, lust and betrayal. Right? 
***This book is intended for mature audiences only as it includes both graphic violence and graphic sex***


Witch Wars by T.A. Moorman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An ARC …

#NewRelease: DAMAGED! by J.S. Scott

Damaged!: A Walker Brothers Novel: (The Walker Brothers Book 3) by J.S. ScottThe final book of the Walker Brothers Trilogy!!!

What happens when your entire future is destroyed in moments?


Dane

My
name is Dane Walker, and I'm entirely, irrevocably damaged. I lost my
whole life in the plane crash that killed my father and left me scarred,
both physically and emotionally, barely clinging to life in a hospital
as the sole survivor of the accident.. I wasn't fit to function in the
city, so I moved to my own private island in the Bahamas to lick my
wounds alone.

I'd spent my adult life building up my solitary existence on Walker's Cay.

I was fine with being by myself.

I was resigned to my fate.

But then I met her.

My brothers sent her; I wanted to send her away.

But...I couldn't.

Something
about Kenzie Jordan reminds me of myself. She's broken just like me. I
want to save her from whatever secrets she's hiding. She was handed a
pretty raw deal in lif…