Skip to main content

#Review: Chasing Fears by Ellie Williams

Chasing Fears by Ellie Williams
Synopsis:
If fighting for freedom means chasing your fears, then that’s what she’ll do.
Awen Morgan, ‘washed up’ actress from Mumbles Swansea hasn’t worked in years or left the house for that matter. After her public meltdown, her father kept her hidden and safe within the family home, away from prying eyes, stupid guys and evil talkers. She was too important for anything to happen to her now. But she’s unable to control her urges. She’s dangerous to the world, a danger to herself, and the evil within her aims to claim her with all its glory and slowly but surely destroy this world in her image.
Casius they call her, the evil fiend from a netherworld, chained and laid barren in the flesh of this poor girl for eternity, or until Awen takes her where she needs to be.
The locals labelled her weird and unusual. The stories built up around her make her the local Freak, A Witch, A Satan Lover, and to some a great Succubus; and that’s just some of the names they call her.
Awen finally escapes the town and goes about a journey of self-discovery only to be faced with danger and utter terror in the path of her escape. There really was truth in the rumours surrounding her and her family, and her father was right to keep her locked away.
Can this be coincidence or is she being hunted by something greater than the beast?
In any case, she flees to America where her friends live, in hope for some clarity and peace to find out just who she really is.
My Review:
*A complimentary ecopy was provided by the Author, in exchange for my honest review.*

Chasing Fears is a tale of self-discovery, that's Sci-Fi embedded in Mythology, set in an urban fantasy world that, I'm assuming, is going to be of epic proportions. Well, Chasing Fears, is setting the stage for how it begins. We're immediately thrown into a battle, a battle where victory is near, or is it?
This is where we journey back in time to where our story begins. It's definitely a mystery but to me, it's awesome world building that takes you to the end, leaving you on the edge of your seat, wanting more. The intrigue alone, has me hooked. The descriptive details are stunning. The main character is easy to relate to. And I love how I'm getting to see how her relationships are formed.
This book is a bit of a cliffhanger, but not the kind that you'll be dying for the next book. Although, you're going to want that next book, hehe.  I've definitely got my eye on this series & Author. I'm excited to see where they both go!!

Available on Amazon  #Free With #KindleUnlimited!!
Add to TBR list on

About the Author
Birth name: Danni Williams.
For those of you who don’t know me, I am the Author of the ‘A Broken Paradise Series’ my pen name is Ellie Williams.
I am also the CEO & Founder of the entertainment Show the Author 2 Author Blog Chat. I also Founded the Alexander Rise Project, and owner and director of the Twisted Dragon Gaming and Hobbies LTD.
As you may or may not be able to tell, but I am not just a writer, I am also a Blogger/ Promoter/ Radio Host/ Gamer/ Novice Property Developer and Good Friend to all.
In 2013, I started my year as a published Author when I released the first book of my epic Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Fantasy series, Chasing Fears, with Author House Via Amazon. The Series is inspired by my son Alex.
The second book of the series, The Alliance followed in the summer 2013.
I took a long break after that Summer as anyone who knows me will know why. Tragedy struck my family that Summer when I lost my son to his disability.
I began writing again in 2014. Little drips and drabs here and there but nothing concrete.
I gave birth to my second child in April 2015. I guess you could say something began to spark inside me, something that gave me the energy and strength to write again.
I took hold of my original copies of Chasing Fears and The Alliance and I edited them, cut them, slashed them and Remastered them for a brighter, fresher start of 2016.
They deserved the revival.
July 2016 became the Managing Editor at Bella Tulip Publishing.

STALK HER AT THE FOLLOWING:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#CoverReveal: Ed & Livvy by Bryan Tann

🌟🌟 #CoverReveal 🌟🌟Ed and Livvyby Bryan TannComing 10/2017 from Hot Ink Press Synopsis:Ed is stuck in a miserable job and a worse marriage, and wishes the world would just end. Livvy's heart has been shattered too often to count, and her fear of a previous life haunts her. Their worlds combine after one traumatic event. Her mind. His strength. Together they'll fight back.

About the Author:

Known for the Path of Redemption series and the John Baker Chronicles, Bryan also does voice overs and some audiobook narrations. Bryan A. Tann was born in Pittsburgh, PA and has lived in Western PA all of his life except for eight years in New England.
His debut novel "The Enforcer" was first written in 2007 and was originally self published in 2009 before being accepted by CH&BB Publishing in 2016 and published in early 2017.
Bryan lives a quiet life with his two cats while geeking with his friends. He's got a 1st Degree Black Belt in Kenpo and by day he's a security su…

#Live: BLOOD GUARD by Megan Erickson

Blood Guard by Megan Erickson IS #Live!
You'll want to sink your teeth into this romance!!

Amazon → http://amzn.to/2i2Taw6

iBooks → http://apple.co/2uLVw4t

Nook → http://bit.ly/2fJ7jhi

Kobo → http://bit.ly/2vZ4aQX
“Megan Erickson knows how to bring the heat! With a kick-butt heroine and a hero to die for, Blood Guard kept me reading all night long.”New York Times bestselling author Tracy Wolff

Enter a world of immortal danger and desire—and discover an incredible fate borne of blood.
Tendra: One minute, I’m a bartender in gritty Mission City; the next, I’m whisked away by a vampire named Athan who tells me that I’m the lifeblood of his clan. It sounds unbelievable, but he’s got evidence I can’t deny. Turns out, Athan belongs to an underground society of vampires who feed only on humans with their consent. Their enemies have no such qualms, and they want me dead. The only thing standing in their way is strong, sexy Athan. And the closer we get, the more tempted I am to let Athan feed. . …

#CoverReveal: FALLING FAST by Aurora Rose Reynolds

Falling Fast is the newest standalone from Aurora Rose Reynolds!
Meet Colton & Gia October 2017!
Add to your TBR: http://bit.ly/2vLKlrP

Synopsis
Colton Allyster is relieved to be back home. After six months of rehabilitation, losing his career as a Marine along with his fiancé, he’s had to learn quickly what’s really important. Colton grew up wanting to serve his country. Managing his parents’ biker bar was never part of his plan, but after meeting Gia Caro, he’s beginning to think that’s exactly where he’s meant to be.
Ever since Gia Caro arrived in the small, sleepy town of Ruby Falls, Tennessee, her life has spiraled out of control. Between losing her grandmother a little more each day to dementia, and her hot boss’s constant attention, her once quiet existence isn’t so quiet anymore.
After weeks of sidestepping Colton, things get out of hand, and before Gia knows what’s happening, she’s spending her nights in his bed and her mornings in his kitchen. And as he cleans out drawers and …